Saturday, May 16, 2009

One.

Rylie's POV

I make my way into the arena, trying my hardest to get to my office without running into a lot of people. I make my way through the dark hallways by memory, finally reaching my office and sighing in relief when I do. Jodi gives me a questioning glance as I put my stuff in place before sitting down in my chair which is directly across from her. I try to go on with my morning business, hoping she will find someone else to harass for a little while. And it's not that I don't like Jodi. I love her, but this is just one topic I have been trying to avoid for some time now. I see her still looking me over, so I finally give her the satisfaction and raise my gaze to meet hers.

"Go on, say it," I state bluntly, hoping she has some new information for me but also trying by best to not look too interested. A smile crosses her face, which makes me think my acting skills aren't as great as I was hoping they would be.

"He told me he called you," she offers, that same smile still plastered on her face while she types away at her computer.

"Did he also tell you I didn't answer?" I ask while getting up and heading to the big cherry door at the back of the room, knocking on it and waiting for acknowledgement from 'The Boss' on the other side before opening it. After Mario's approval I open the door and ask if he would like coffee or anything, trying my best to put this conversation off again.

"Yes, he did mention that too," Jodi says while following my suit and reaching for her purse as well.

"What are you doing?" I ask while heading out the door, the click of high heels on the cement floor telling me she's intending on coming with me, but talking about leaving her behind is a lot easier than talking about leaving a particular someone else behind, because even though it's what I would love to do, I've had issues accomplishing that, even though I pretend I don't.

"Getting coffee," she replies in a sarcastic voice and giving me a 'you can't put this off any longer' look that makes me want to look anywhere but at her. As I shift my gaze, it comes into contact with a much more intense gaze that automatically makes a shiver run down my spine. It looks as if he is going to say something, but I know far too well if I keep looking into those eyes that they will break down my defences, and I really need to not be weak now, so instead I look straight ahead and march toward the door.

Max's POV


I see her walking toward me, and I think about saying something, but the blank stare she is giving me tells me she is still being difficult.

Looking at her, watching her walk in my direction makes me want her even more, but also reminds me that she's not mine to claim. Not anymore. I watch as her skirt clings to her legs, caressing the skin I wish I could run my hands over, just once more. I watch her, watch the way her hair surrounds her face, touching it lightly with a softness that makes me remember our most intimate of nights shared together. Her dark eyes watch my every move, wary of my presence before she quickly adverts her eyes to the ground, avoiding me once again like she has the past months. She walks past me, mere inches away, and I feel my body bend towards her, wanting to be able to touch her like she once let me, feeling it in every nerve ending I possess clear down my spine. Shaking myself from my thoughts, I look over at Jodi, but she just shrugs and gives me the same 'I'm working on it' look that she has been for probably the last 2 weeks. I stand motionless, unable to talk to her, so instead I just watch her shapely legs march toward the door.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pleaseeeeeee post chapter 2...this story is quite interesting...a differnt approach than usual

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... That was awesome, Jessie. I'm excited for Chapter 2. Enjoy graduation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this so far, once again good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is AWESOME!!!!!! PLEASE POST CHAPT 2 !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete