Sunday, May 24, 2009

Five.

Max's POV

The game ends, us luckily winning after coming back from a 2 point deficit in the third. After each of us congratulate each other on the win, I glance up to where she was previously sitting, wanting to share this moment with her, just like I use to. Except she's not there. Damn it. She must have made a quick escape right after the final buzzer, because I know I saw her sitting up there just moments before.

I drag myself off the ice and into the locker room, being thankful that I'm not like Sid or even Geno now, and that I'll probably be able to slip out of the locker room without the hassle of having to do an interview before I leave. I get dressed quickly, not really saying anything to anybody. As I'm about to leave the room, Jordan grabs me by my shoulder, making me look at him.

"You gonna go to Diesel?" he asks, but I just give him a 'are you kidding me?' look so he continues. "I really think you should come out tonight, it might do you some good," he states while looking up at me intently, as if he is trying to clue me in on some secret without totally giving it away. A smile crosses my face when I come to the conclusion that Jodi is taking Rylie out tonight, and he probably was told to remain neutral on this very topic, to not clue me in on anything. To try and see if I'm catching onto what he's saying, I continue on with this topic.

"I don't know, I'm not so sure I feel like going out tonight." He lets go of my shoulders before standing up and giving me the same stare he did earlier.

"I think you really need to get out tonight, maybe a crowd of people will cheer you up," he says while grabbing his bag and walking past me, leaving me smiling like an idiot before I grab my bag and follow him diligently.

Rylie's POV

I can't believe I let Jodi talk me into this. She insisted that getting out is what I needed, and she also said she doubted Max would show, even after a big win, because she also insisted that she knows that he is hurting as much as I am.

I shake my head as I allow her to pull me up to the VIP area in Diesel. She goes and gets me a drink, while I survey the crowd, glancing over at the door just in case. She finally gets back, and I grab my drink, knowing that it could be a long night when I see the door swing open again, a file of the guys pouring in, and much to my dismay Max slinking in at the back of the pack. I take the drink that was sitting in front of me and down it, figuring I can't put this conversation off anymore, and maybe a little liquid courage is exactly what I need to say exactly what is on my mind.

As he enters the room, his eye sight automatically moves to me, followed by his timid footsteps. If I wasn't so anxious about what is to come of this conversation, I would be more than pissed at both Jodi and Jordan for their role in tonight. I specifically told Jodi that I wasn't ready to talk to him, but do you think that she could respect me wishes? No. Of course not. She had to go and play match-maker. By this time, Max is standing in front of me.

"Can we go somewhere to talk?" he asks while finally looking up and into my eyes. I stand there looking at him, trying to make the decision of whether or not I really want to do this. "Please?" he continues when I don't respond.

Instead of answering, I push him in the chest to get him to back up so I can lead him over to a quieter corner of the room, not trusting myself to be alone with him. I turn around after getting there, and cross my arms across my chest, also not trusting myself to not reach out and touch that rugged face of his....

"Talk," I command, trying not to sound like a bitch, but also trying to get my point across that I will not give in easily.

"You have to believe that I'm sorry," he says while stepping closer to me.

"I do," I reply shortly and bluntly. "But that is where my sympathy ends."

"Jesus Christ Ry, its been longer than 2 months. Can you not just give it up a little? I understand that you are mad but,"

"You understand?!" I interrupt, raising my voice, causing people to glance over at us, but at this point I don't care. "You understand?" I repeat, knowing that by the look on his face, my animosity has caught him off guard. "She was my sister," I continue, but he doesn't look me in the eye. "Damn it Max," I say with a large amount of bitterness in my voice. "She. Is. My. Freaking. Sister!" I say while enunciating each word for emphasis.

By now, everybody in the room is watching us, and I can't really seem to fine a reason to care as all the hurt comes rushing back, and it suddenly feels like I'm reliving that horrible night. I glance around the room and finally catch Jodi's gaze. She gives me a look that tells me to be a little less cruel, and as I think about it I notice that it hurts me even more to hurt him, as ironic and unbelievable as that is.

"My sister, Max," I add in a softer, quieter tone, the tears finally forming and rolling down my face, leaving wet streaks.

3 comments:

  1. longggggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr updateeeessssssssssssss pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


    amamzing story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her SISTER? Max.... tsk tsk tsk... *sigh* so good, so very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I can't stop reading this!
    Next chapter... oh, and WOW Max! Bad, bad man!

    ReplyDelete